Thank you for visiting our new homepage. Due to a severe hacker attack on our previous database, several sections are still under construction and will be updated soon. Thank you for your understanding.
Day of Immunology 2014 - "Focus on Vaccination"
The annual Day of Immunology (DoI) is just around the corner. Save the date: April 29, 2014! What are your plans for the DoI 2014? Please share your events with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can disseminate the information!
Although there will be no formal competition in 2014, initiatives organized for this year’s Day of Immunology (on or around April 29, 2014) will be eligible to compete for awards to be made at ECI 2015. Based on discussions with our member societies' representatives during ICI 2013 in Milan, and in view of the interest - both positive and negative – that the subject seems to be creating among the general public, the EFIS Board would like to invite Member Societies to consider organizing campaigns with a “Focus on Vaccinations”. Misconceptions about the safety of vaccines are arguably increasing, and an occasion like to the DoI offers an ideal opportunity to reach out to the public-at-large, particularly parents, in order to discuss and dismiss concerns. We hope you will thoughtfully choose to endorse efforts in this direction.
- The Irish Society for Immunology gives the public lecture award to Professor Michael Lenardo on the occasion of the DoI 2014 (http://www.irishimmunology.ie/lectureaward_2014.html).
- World DoI 2014 and CME on PID (Primary Immuno Deficiency) being organised by PIDPWS & ORDI in Association with IAP (Indian Academy of Pediatrcians) in Bangalore on 27.4.2014 at Bangalore Medical College from 10.30 onwards, graced by the Health Minister and Medical Education Minister Govt of Karnataka
- DoI 2014 at University Hospital Jena, Germany: Public Evening Lecture "Gefährliche Wächter. Wie das Immunsystem uns schützt und krank macht."
- Día de la inmunología en Madrid 26 Abril 2014
Este año la celebración será el sábado 26 de abril y estará centrada en la enfermedad celíaca y en la manera en que una proteína inofensiva como el gluten, que se encuentra en algunos cereales, puede llegar a confundir al sistema inmunitario y provocar múltiples alteraciones funcionales en los enfermos. Las reacciones inmunológicas adversas que puede provocar el consumo de gluten (inflamación, autoinmunidad, alergia) son un verdadero reto para los inmunólogos, pero también para la sociedad: se estima que hasta un 7% de la población padece alguna patología derivada del consumo de gluten (no sólo enfermedad celíaca) y debe hacer dieta sin gluten para recuperarse.
¡Participa! Program (pdf, 202 KB)
- DoI 2014 in Budapest, Hungary: Public lecture at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences for lay people and high school kids
1. How do vaccines protect against infections? – Prechl József
2. Where do the new epidemics emerge? – Müller Viktor
3. Current concepts of HPV vaccination – Koiss Róbert
- Nature Reviews Immunology will be hosting an evening lecture on Tuesday 29th April 2014 to celebrate the International Day of Immunology. Guest speaker will be Professor Daniel Davis (University of Manchester), who will be talking about how immunology shapes our lives (tentative title: Immunological compatibility: from sex to survival).
Deadline extended: Fellowship Program "EFIS-IL World Fellowship"
EFIS and Immunology Letters (IL) are proud to award long-term fellowships (up to 6 months maximum) for purposes of scientific collaboration, advanced training or of learning techniques or methods not available in the applicant's current place of work. The main goal of these grants is to build a strong international network of immunological research; as such, these fellowships may be held – as the name implies – anywhere in the world, including Europe. The allowance for a fellowship is up to 1750 € per month and is awarded directly to the fellowship holder. In addition, EFIS will reimburse travel costs (economy air or second-class train rail fare).
NEXT DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
February 15th, 2014
For more information and to submit your application online, click here!