The main objectives of the yEFIS Task Force are to:
- Represent the interests of early career immunologists at a European level
- Guide and organise the yEFIS Network and yEFIS Working Groups
- Promote national YI groups in all EFIS-affiliated societies
- Expand youth participation in EFIS goals
- Bring visibility to YI during international meetings and schools, establishing regular dedicated sessions
- Share information, interests and ideas between European YI
- Connect YI and experienced scientists to shape the next generation of Immunologists in Europe
Join the yEFIS Network!
Does this sound interesting to you? Then become a member of the yEFIS Network. As a member, you will take advantage of several benefits:
- being connected with yEFIS members around Europe and sharing information of interest
- being able to participate actively in the yEFIS Working Groups
- invitation to yEFIS events, schools and special sessions during international congresses dedicated to European YI
- access to our job position listing and newsletter
Who can join the yEFIS Network?
- Early career scientists* working on Immunology regardless age, nationality or position.
*Our network defines early career scientists as researchers with less than 10 years of working experience after completion of their studies (excluding PhD working years). Working years do not include parental or sickness leaves or any other from a major reason.
- You don't necessarily need to belong to an EFIS-affiliated society to join the yEFIS Network, but we strongly recommend you do so: there are many benefits available - for example these - that you might be missing! If you don't yet belong to an EFIS-affiliated society, go here to learn how to sign up.
- People working in non-European countries can join to the network but we recommend you to join an EFIS-affiliated society.
Take a look at an early collaboration between the Young Immunologists of the DGfI (Germany)
and SIICA Junior Faculty (Italy) with the European Journal of Immunology, encouraging Young Immunologists of Europe to unite and planting the seed for the development of the yEFIS: Young Immunologists of Europe, unite!Do you have any particular interest in participating in yEFIS Working Groups or activities?
Would you like to propose any ideas of your own? Please, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
. We are a bottom-up network and we encourage any interested young immunologists to participate in the organization of our activities.
Would like to join the Task Force and represent the young immunologists in your country?
Please, contact the current representative of your national society of immunology or to us at yefis@efis-org. We will give you all the information you need to apply for this position.
You can also participate in the activities that YI Groups organise in your country. Find the representative of your national society below and contact her/him to participate in their activities.
If you don't want to be part of the yEFIS Network anymore, please do not hesitate in writing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your data from our database.