EFIS and Immunology Letters (IL) award short-term fellowships for up to 3 months of support for purposes of transnational scientific collaboration or advanced training in techniques or methodologies. The EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowship allowance is € 1.750/month and is awarded directly to the fellowship holder. In addition, EFIS will reimburse travel costs up to € 500. Eligibility criteria follow below.
Congratulations to the most recent recipients of EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowships (approved June 8, 2019)
- Alberto Utrero-Rico of the Hospital 12 de Octubre (Madrid) will visit the University of Verona Hospital to study suppressive myeloid cells in cancer and solid organ transplantation.
- Tina Jenuš from the Center for Proteomics, University of Rijeka will conduct research on the functional characterization of the M116 region in mouse cytomegalovirus c/o the Max von Pettenkofer Institute of Virology, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
- Christina Pranger, Interuniversity Messerli Research Institute of the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, will travel to the Biocruces Bizkaia Health Research Institute (Bizkaia, Spain) to conduct functional studies of cloned human monoclonal IgE, IgG1 and IgG4 antibodies specific for the major milk allergen Beta-lactoglobulin (BLG).
- Sergi Casadó-Llombart from the University of Barcelona, will study the role of the lymphocyte scavenger receptor CD6 in inflammatory bowel disease at the Universitätsspital Basel.
- Yasmin Elisah Sophia de Wit, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation (Amsterdam) will visit the Inselspital, Universitätsspital Bern, to conduct research on the role of DAMPs in inflammation and febrile non-hemolytic transfusion reactions.
- Ekaterina Gorshkova from the Nizhny Novgorod State University will carry out studies on cofactor-binding antibodies as a regulator of the immune defense c/o the Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers (CRC) in Paris.
- Ani Stepanyan, Institute of Molecular Biology of the Armenian National Academy of Sciences, will visit the Department of Immunology, Palacky University Olomouc (CZ), to study the epigenetic effects of heavy metals on genes involved in the immune response and oncogenesis.
- Selene Ottonello of the IRCCS Ospedale Policlinico San Martino, Genova, intends to analyze the crosstalk between innate lymphoid cells (ILC) and eosinophils in allergic disease at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Patricia Solé Sánchez, Institut D’Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS), will visit the University of Heidelberg Institute of Computational Biomedicine to conduct mechanistic and translational studies on T-regulatory-type 1 cell driven B-regulatory cell formation downstream of peptide-MHC-nanoparticle therapy.
- Sherezade Moñino Romero of the Medical University of Vienna will study the role of sFcεRI in the pathophysiology and therapeutic response of Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria c/o the Charité Hospital Department of Dermatology and Allergy in Berlin.
- Yannick Van Sleen, University Medical Center Groningen, will visit the Aarhus University Hospital to validate serum markers of angiogenesis as biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis in Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica in an independent prospective patient cohort.
Distribution of EFIS-IL Fellowships by Society and by Destination 2010 - 2017
- Applicants must be a member of an EFIS-affiliated society (exceptions to this may apply only for applicants from European countries without a national society);
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger and must hold at least a Master's degree (an extension of this age limit of up to 18 months may be granted for maternity/paternity leave, civil or military service, etc.);
- The proposed stay must be conducted in a European institution;
- Fellowships are not awarded in order to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses;
- Fellowships are not renewable and can be held only once;
- Fellowships cannot be awarded retroactively or if a stay has already begun, nor can they be held simultaneously with awards or funding made available by other sources or organizations, to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as a means to bridge between research visits funded by other organizations.
To apply for an EFIS-IL short-term fellowship, please provide all required information in the online application form below.
Documents to submit:
- Short curriculum vitae (.doc or .pdf)
- List of publications (.doc or .pdf)
- Project proposal (max 2 pages, .doc or .pdf). The proposal should sufficiently summarize the aim, background, objectives and working plan of the proposed research stay.
- Letter of recommendation (from the current institute) (.doc or .pdf)
- Acceptance letter from the head/supervisor of the host Institute (.doc or .pdf)
- Proof of membership in an EFIS-affiliated society (.doc or .pdf)
The EFIS Board evaluates applications at its periodic meetings, held every 3-4 months.NEXT DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:September 13th, 2019