EFIS and Immunology Letters (IL) award short-term fellowships for up to 3 months of support for purposes of transnational scientific collaboration or advanced training in techniques or methodologies. The EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowship allowance is € 1.750/month and is awarded directly to the fellowship holder. In addition, EFIS will reimburse travel costs up to € 500.
- Applicants must be a member of an EFIS-affiliated society (exceptions to this may apply only for applicants from European countries without a national society);
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger and must hold at least a Master's degree (an extension of this age limit of up to 18 months may be granted for maternity/paternity leave, civil or military service, etc.);
- The proposed stay must be conducted in a European institution in a country other than that of the applicant's current residence;
- Fellowships are not awarded in order to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses;
- Fellowships are not renewable and can be held only once;
- Fellowships cannot be awarded retroactively or if a stay has already begun, nor can they be held simultaneously with awards or funding made available by other sources or organizations, to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as a means to bridge between research visits funded by other organizations.
To apply for an EFIS-IL short-term fellowship, please provide all required information in the online application form below.
Documents to submit:
- Short curriculum vitae (.doc or .pdf)
- List of publications (.doc or .pdf)
- Project proposal (max 2 pages, .doc or .pdf). The proposal should sufficiently summarize the aim, background, objectives and working plan of the proposed research stay.
- Letter of recommendation (from the current institute) (.doc or .pdf)
- Acceptance letter from the head/supervisor of the host Institute (.doc or .pdf)
- Proof of membership in an EFIS-affiliated society (.doc or .pdf)
The EFIS Board evaluates applications at its periodic meetings, held every 3-4 months.NEXT DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:November 13th, 2021