EFIS and Immunology Letters (IL) award short-term fellowships for up to 3 months of support for purposes of transnational scientific collaboration or advanced training in techniques or methodologies. The EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowship allowance is € 1.750/month and is awarded directly to the fellowship holder. In addition, EFIS will reimburse travel costs up to € 500. Eligibility criteria follow below.
Congratulations to the most recent recipients of EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowships
- Türkan Çakar, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Molecular Hematology Laboratory, Gebze Technical University (TR), will soon be involved in a project focusing on the characterisation of the LRBA interactome in T cells c/o the Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency, Center for Translational Cell Research of the Univeristy of Freiburg Medical Center.
- Marc Bach Griera, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, will conduct research on the modulatory effects of mycobacterial infections to tumor immune microenvironment and immunotherapy response in a mouse model of fibrosarcoma c/o the Humanitas Clinical and Research Center
- Carla Guenther, University of Helsinki, will visit the University of Verona Hospital to study single cell RNA-sequencing on tumour-associated macrophages isolated from humanized mice
- Noelia Maldonado, Pfizer-University of Granada-Junta de Andalucía Centre for Genomics and Oncological Research (GENYO), will perform a project seeking to improve universal CAR-T cell therapeutic activity c/o the University of Lausanne
- Liam Townsend, Trinity College Dublin, will conduct research on the characterisation of the immune response in COVID-19 infection in an effort to identify prognostic indicators of disease severity c/o the Institut Pasteur
- Applicants must be a member of an EFIS-affiliated society (exceptions to this may apply only for applicants from European countries without a national society);
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger and must hold at least a Master's degree (an extension of this age limit of up to 18 months may be granted for maternity/paternity leave, civil or military service, etc.);
- The proposed stay must be conducted in a European institution in a country other than that of the applicant's current residence;
- Fellowships are not awarded in order to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses;
- Fellowships are not renewable and can be held only once;
- Fellowships cannot be awarded retroactively or if a stay has already begun, nor can they be held simultaneously with awards or funding made available by other sources or organizations, to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as a means to bridge between research visits funded by other organizations.
To apply for an EFIS-IL short-term fellowship, please provide all required information in the online application form below.
Documents to submit:
- Short curriculum vitae (.doc or .pdf)
- List of publications (.doc or .pdf)
- Project proposal (max 2 pages, .doc or .pdf). The proposal should sufficiently summarize the aim, background, objectives and working plan of the proposed research stay.
- Letter of recommendation (from the current institute) (.doc or .pdf)
- Acceptance letter from the head/supervisor of the host Institute (.doc or .pdf)
- Proof of membership in an EFIS-affiliated society (.doc or .pdf)
The EFIS Board evaluates applications at its periodic meetings, held every 3-4 months.NEXT DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:February 13th, 2021