EFIS and Immunology Letters (IL) award short-term fellowships for up to 3 months of support for purposes of transnational scientific collaboration or advanced training in techniques or methodologies. The EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowship allowance is € 1.750/month and is awarded directly to the fellowship holder. In addition, EFIS will reimburse travel costs up to € 500. Eligibility criteria follow below.
Congratulations to the most recent recipients of EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowships (approved September 26, 2019)
- Zlatina Vlahova, Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, to the Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers in Paris (FR) - Role of induced polyreactivity of antibodies for neutralization of highly mutable viruses
- Janire Perurena-Prieto, Vall dHebron University Hospital, to the University of Bath (UK) - Novel biomarkers in systemic autoimmune diseases
- Marina Bakardjieva, Charles University and University Hospital Motol, to the Freiburg Medical Center (DE) - Human B cell development study using an autonomous in vitro proliferating system and mass cytometry
- Peter Tauber, Medical University of Vienna, to the LMU Biomedical Center, Planegg-Martinsried (DE) - Unraveling of the IL-2 stimulating effect of the kinase inhibitor BX-795
- Darina Paprčková, Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, to Immunocore Limited, Abingdon (UK) - The role of self-reactivity of the CD8+ T cells in the immune response
- Manuel Serrano Blanco, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, to Ospedale San Giovanni Bosco, Turin (IT) - Determination of presence of antiphospholipid immunocomplexes in italian APS patients and its possible incorporation to clinical scores
- José Santos, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, to Imperial College London (UK) - Investigating temporal dynamics of Foxp3 expression during extrathymic Treg differentiation
- Arbi Pecani, University of Tirana, to the Policlinico Umberto I, La Sapienza University, Rome (IT) - Potential role of antibodies against carbamylated proteins on endothelial activation in Rheumatoid Arthritis: particular focus on atherosclerosis development and subsequent cardiovascular disease
- Ana Vrbanović, University of Rijeka, to the University of Mainz (DE) - CMV pathogenesis in the ovary: mapping the interferon type I responses
- Felix Poppelaars, University Medical Center Groningen, to the University Hospital Regensburg (DE) - Factor H-related protein 3: a local promoter of complement activation in renal replacement therapy?
- Applicants must be a member of an EFIS-affiliated society (exceptions to this may apply only for applicants from European countries without a national society);
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger and must hold at least a Master's degree (an extension of this age limit of up to 18 months may be granted for maternity/paternity leave, civil or military service, etc.);
- The proposed stay must be conducted in a European institution;
- Fellowships are not awarded in order to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses;
- Fellowships are not renewable and can be held only once;
- Fellowships cannot be awarded retroactively or if a stay has already begun, nor can they be held simultaneously with awards or funding made available by other sources or organizations, to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as a means to bridge between research visits funded by other organizations.
To apply for an EFIS-IL short-term fellowship, please provide all required information in the online application form below.
Documents to submit:
- Short curriculum vitae (.doc or .pdf)
- List of publications (.doc or .pdf)
- Project proposal (max 2 pages, .doc or .pdf). The proposal should sufficiently summarize the aim, background, objectives and working plan of the proposed research stay.
- Letter of recommendation (from the current institute) (.doc or .pdf)
- Acceptance letter from the head/supervisor of the host Institute (.doc or .pdf)
- Proof of membership in an EFIS-affiliated society (.doc or .pdf)
The EFIS Board evaluates applications at its periodic meetings, held every 3-4 months.NEXT DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:March 13th, 2020