EFIS and Immunology Letters (IL) award short-term fellowships for up to 3 months of support for purposes of transnational scientific collaboration or advanced training in techniques or methodologies. The EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowship allowance is € 1.750/month and is awarded directly to the fellowship holder. In addition, EFIS will reimburse travel costs up to € 500. Eligibility criteria follow below.
Congratulations to the most recent recipients of EFIS-IL Short-term Fellowships (approved March 3, 2019)
- Kissy Guevara Hoyer, Division of Clinical Immunology, Hospital Universitario Clinico San Carlos (Madrid, ES) to conduct research on precision medicine in common variable immunodeficiency (CVID) c/o the Division of Clinical Immunology, Centro Hospitalar do Porto (PT)
- Chantal Reina-Ortiz, from the University of Zaragoza Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology (ES), to the INSERM Institute for Regenerative Medicine and Biotherapy (IRMB) in Montpellier (FR) to study the expansion of NK cells for the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Dhirendra Singh, University of Szeged Department of Microbiology (HU), to conduct research on the role of Candida parapsilosis secreted aspartyl proteases (SAPPs) in inflammation and neutrophil infiltration during Vaginal Candidiasis c/o the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Modena, IT)
- Ana Alcaraz Serna of the Department of Immunology, Hospital Universitario La Princesa (Madrid, ES), to visit the Oncology, Microbiology and Immunology Section of the Université de Fribourg (CH) to study migration priming of dendritic cells after synaptic contact
- Kristina Vičíková, from the Laboratory of Molecular Immunology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences Institute of Molecular Biology (Bratislava, SK), to conduct research on the role of CD222 in the initiation of TCR signaling c/o the Laboratory of Immunobiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences Institute of Molecular Genetics in Prague (CZ)
- Verena Köhler, Interuniversity Messerli Research Institute of the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna (AT), to visit the St. John’s Institute of Dermatology of Kings College London (UK) to study immune effector cell-mediated functions of PIPE-cloned Bet v 1 antibodies engineered with Fc regions of different isotypes
- Sérgio Póvoas Camões of the University of Lisbon Research Institute for Medicines (Lisbon, PT) to conduct research on the in vivo therapeutic evaluation of UC-MSC-derived exosomes loaded with ODNs for tissue repair c/o Therapeutic Oligonucleotide Research Laboratory of Bilkent University (Ankara, TK)
Distribution of EFIS-IL Fellowships by Society and by Destination 2010 - 2017
- Applicants must be a member of an EFIS-affiliated society (exceptions to this may apply only for applicants from European countries without a national society);
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger and must hold at least a Master's degree (an extension of this age limit of up to 18 months may be granted for maternity/paternity leave, civil or military service, etc.);
- The proposed stay must be conducted in a European institution;
- Fellowships are not awarded in order to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses;
- Fellowships are not renewable and can be held only once;
- Fellowships cannot be awarded retroactively or if a stay has already begun, nor can they be held simultaneously with awards or funding made available by other sources or organizations, to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as a means to bridge between research visits funded by other organizations.
To apply for an EFIS-IL short-term fellowship, please provide all required information in the online application form below.
Documents to submit:
- Short curriculum vitae (.doc or .pdf)
- List of publications (.doc or .pdf)
- Project proposal (max 2 pages, .doc or .pdf). The proposal should sufficiently summarize the aim, background, objectives and working plan of the proposed research stay.
- Letter of recommendation (from the current institute) (.doc or .pdf)
- Acceptance letter from the head/supervisor of the host Institute (.doc or .pdf)
- Proof of membership in an EFIS-affiliated society (.doc or .pdf)
The EFIS Board evaluates applications at its periodic board meetings, held every 3-4 months.NEXT DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:May 24th, 2019